This is an important, but much overlooked week –Random Acts of Kindness Week – celebrating what we do for others to make the world a better, more positive space.
Actually, why not?
It doesn’t take a colossal bunch of people, or monies to do the nice thing. The best thing. The things that warm the heart.
This year, the designated week is February 9 – 15. Let’s do something every day;here’s a few suggestions:
- Offer to help a co-worker with a project.
- Send a handwritten “thank You’’” note.
- Write a note of kindness to a store manager to a store that shows good customer service.
- Create a gratitude journal.
- Just smile at someone for no reason
- Start a kindness chain at school. Add a link for every act of kindness done.
- Say “Good morning” to at least 3 strangers.
- Be kind to YOU- eat a healthy meal or exercise.
“Wherever there is a human in need, there is an opportunity for kindness, and to make a difference.” Kevin Heath